Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Biblical Influencers

Reading: 1 Chronicles 9-10, 1 Samuel 31, and Matthew 23

Scripture: Matthew 23:5-7, They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces and being called rabbi by others. 

Thoughts: In a world of influencers, tictoc, YouTube, and Instagram, we are drawn to wanting the pleasure hit of likes and going viral. The religious leaders of that day got that high from the greetings and honor at feasts and around town. As much as Jesus was berating these leaders for all the little things they did I feel like this was also a warning to us about seeking fame. We are to use every tool we have at our disposal to spread to gospel and fame can be a tool but we are not to seek it as those leaders did because it becomes all encompassing. 

Prayer: Lord God, you are above all, you are the beginning and the end and I thank you that you think of me and lead me and guide me. I thank you that you are working in my life. I ask that you help us to see our true motivations and not seek glory that belongs to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment