Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Would I had died instead of you!!!!

Reading: 2 Samuel 16-18, Psalm 7 & 41, and Titus 1

Scripture: 2 Samuel 18:33, And the king was deeply moved and went up to the chamber over the gate and wept. And as he went, he said, “O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! Would I had died instead of you, O Absalom, my son, my son!”

Thoughts: Reading this in different stages of my life I have seen different things, younger I confused by Absalom and how he could fight his father for the kingdom instead of fighting a brother later. Then as a father I read this understanding the I would have rather died than have my son taken from me (even when he is being bad). Today I saw it with God’s heart, David was called a man after God’s of heart, God sent his son to come and die and pay the ultimate price so that we could be redeemed and have access to the Father. Maybe it was just a lament of a father whose son died before him, but it is also a picture of the love our Heavenly Father, that being three in one, God (Jesus, the Son) died for us that we could be with him. 

Prayer: Father, your hart longs for a relationship with us, you call and reach out to us even when we do not listen. I thank you that you never stopped calling, that you redeemed me from the life I once led. I thank you that you are still refining and molding me. I thank you that you give discernment and understanding that we may grow in our understanding of you and get deeper insight into your love and your word. Open our hearts to better know you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment