Tuesday, June 22, 2021

A fool for you

Reading: 2 Samuel 6, 1 Chronicles 15, Psalm 122, and 1 Timothy 2-3

Scripture: 2 Samuel 6:21, And David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me above your father and above all his house, to appoint me as prince over Israel, the people of the Lord—and I will celebrate before the Lord. 

Thoughts: We all make fools of ourselves from time to time. Sometimes it is because we are trying to impress someone, sometimes we are just getting ahead of ourselves and do something silly or stupid. Just like Michal we can even assume that the foolish this someone else is doing is self-serving or on the silly stupid spectrum. Growing up in a church where you stood or sat to sing a few songs and maybe you would clap on time with the song was how you worshiped, the first time I attended a church that worshiped unabandoned it was odd, and I thought back to stories I had heard about those weird churches that danced and stuff. Are we worshiping God unabandoned? 

Prayer: Lord God you are worthy of all praise, you are worthy of all love and worship. I thank you that you give us the ability to praise you in so many ways. I thank you that even when we look a fool it can still be praise and worship to you. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us. I thank you for your molding and refining that you lead us through growing us, strengthening us, and helping us to reflect more of you in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment