Monday, June 14, 2021

Tunnel vision!!!

Reading: 1 Chronicles 8, 1 Samuel 30, and Matthew 22

Scripture: 1 Samuel 30:11-12, They found an Egyptian in the open country and brought him to David. And they gave him bread and he ate. They gave him water to drink, and they gave him a piece of a cake of figs and two clusters of raisins. And when he had eaten, his spirit revived, for he had not eaten bread or drunk water for three days and three nights.

Thoughts: When we have a mission, or a project how tunnel vision do we get? It is easy to get so focused on the task at hand that all other things are forgot. I admit that it is incredibly easy to do when it comes to video games and entertainment. I have ignored my children fighting in the other room until one of them comes running in crying. David was focused on finding the people who took his family and things that it would have been easy to just continue past this Egyptian man, but David stopped and took care of him. Are we willing to stop what we are doing and pour into someone else, be it taking care of physical, emotional, or spiritual needs? Are we too focused to even see the broken world around us? 

Prayer: Lord God you are leading and guiding us, you are opening and closing doors. You are molding and refining me every day. I ask that you help me to get out of my tunnel, to pull my head out of the sand and see the hurt and the harvest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment