Saturday, June 26, 2021

Soapbox stories

Reading: 2 Samuel 10, 1 Chronicles 19-20, Psalm 107, and 2 Timothy 1

Scripture: 2 Timothy 1:8-9, Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Thoughts: As I read this today, I had the thought about how so many people do not share their story or things that they have experienced. I spent many years not talking about my faith let alone encounters with spiritual things in my life. We typically will get up on a soapbox and talk about movies, books, podcasts, and other entertainment that we have been consuming, but are we ashamed of our story. We think it is not good enough, it will not have the effect that we think it should, or sometime we do not think we have one. Look at your life and ask God to help you see his hands working and developing your story. With that story you will be able to reach a unique person or group that nobody else can, that is the podium that God has created for you. What is the Soapbox you need to get off? What podiums have God placed before you that have not been stepped up to yet? 

Prayer: Lord God, you are so wonderful, you lead us and guide us, you prepare the hearts of those whom you place in are path. Help me to recognize the podiums that you place before me and the soapboxes that I like to jump on. Help me to speak your truth and your love to the world around me that none may be lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment