Monday, June 7, 2021

Are you going that right???

Reading: 1 Chronicles 1 and Matthew 15

Scripture: Matthew 15:1-2, Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.”

Thoughts: The Pharisees not only had traditions on when to wash but also how to wash, so these men were not worried about if the hands of the disciples were clean, they were worried that they were not cleaned in the right way. There are preferences when choosing a church like hymns verses modern worship songs, and chairs verses pews. When things become so ingrained in how “church” is done that it causes divisions in the church and non-salvation issues are treated as if they were. These Pharisees were doing just that, and it is easy to fall into those things. We need to be carful to not let our preferences become salvation issue. 

Prayers: Father God, you are so wonderful, and your love overwhelms me. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us every day. I ask that you help me to see if I am putting too much faith into something that I should not. Open my eyes to the things that should be held looser and what can be dropped in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment