Sunday, June 27, 2021

Blot out my transgressions

Reading: 2 Samuel 11-12, Psalm 51, and 2 Timothy 2

 

Scripture: Psalm 51:1-2, Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!

 

Thoughts: I grew up singing the he song “Creat in me a clean heart” a song that focuses on the middle portion of this Psalm and restoration that Davis was seeking. God is just, and in the justification David and even us should be sentenced to death and eternal separation from God. Through Jesus God created a way to pay for those sins all the way back to Adam and forward until His return. God loves each of us that he sent his Son to be the payment for our sins that He could blot them out and was us clean. Are we walking in the cleansing or are we using it as fire insurance. 

 

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, you take are sins as fare and the east is from the west, you choose not to remember our iniquities. I ask that you help me to walk in the gift you have given me and seek to shine your light and reflect you love and mercy on the world around me. Help me to find my place in your plans oh Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment