Saturday, June 5, 2021

Longing or Seeing?

Reading: 1 Samuel 22, Psalm 52, 57, 63 & 142, and Matthew 13

Scripture: Matthew 13:17, For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

Thoughts: In the middle of telling the parable of the seeds and explaining it Jesus tells his disciples that there will be high ups in the church that will be seeking what we have had the opportunity to experience. In Matthew 7:21 Jesus warned that there will be people who claim him but will not enter into the Kingdom. We need to be open and honest with ourselves and God. Are we seeking the relationship with God though the death and resurrection, or do we just have religion? Are we playing the Sunday morning Christion or worse thinking we can skate in on our parent’s or grandparent’s faith? 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for all you have done, I thank you that you have opened the opportunity for our adoption into your family. I thank you that you pour out your love on us in so many ways. I thank you that you are refining me and molding me. Help me to overcome places in my life where I am still only religious and grow me in my relationship with you. Pour your spirit out upon me and lead me in your ways . 

No comments:

Post a Comment