Sunday, June 20, 2021

What are your desires?

Reading: 1 Chronicles 12, Psalm 37, and Matthew 28

 

Scripture: Psalm 37:3-7, Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 

 

Thoughts: Just the other day I heard someone trying to teach men to strive for greatness, physically, mentally, and financially it you want to get a woman and keep her. This man was a vey secular man and then this morning reading through this Psalm, it hit me. As men we are called to protect our families and to provide for them but our primary calling in our family is to be the spiritual leader, we are to be seeking God with all we are and working on emulating him. Loving our wife and children pouring God’s love into them every day. When a husband and wife can seek God together everything else will work 

 

Prayer: Father, I trust in you with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul. You lead me and guide me. You are the one I seek after and long for. Your love overflows my heart and pours into those around me. Lead me and guide me in the relationships and help me to pour into those around me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment