Thursday, June 10, 2021

They went their own ways

Reading: 1 Samuel 26, 1 Chronicles 4, and Matthew 18

Scripture: 1 Samuel 26:25, Then Saul said to David, “Blessed be you, my son David! You will do many things and will succeed in them.” So David went his way, and Saul returned to his place.

Thoughts: Saul had been hunting David, after confronting Saul, David was blessed by Saul and they each went their own way. Forgiving those who have wronged you does not mean you forget what they did and go back to they way things were before. David had come to the point that he knew that he could not do anything to God’s anointed, and after confronting Saul showing I could have taken you out Saul stopped pursuing David. But even after Saul admitted he sinned and blessed David they did not retune to how it was before. We can forgive and release any bitterness and resentment, but we are also to learn from our experiences. Let us overcome the hurt and pain, to forgive and release things but use discernment to how to interact with those who hurt us. 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you that you have sown us how to forgive, you are the example of how even when relationships are broken, it is possible to restore it. Restored relationships will never be the same as it was before but it can still grow. I thank you that you are growing me, that you are molding and refining me. lead me to a place where I can forgive as you forgive. Help me to see here I have failed and reconcile with those whom I have hurt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment