Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Restoration or remnant

Reading: 2 Samuel 1, Psalm 85, and Matthew 24

 

Scripture: Psalm 85:4,Restore us again, O God of our salvation, and put away your indignation toward us!

 

Thoughts: In this Psalm the writer was talking about getting in God’s favor again. The entire book of Judges was about times that God used different judges to strike down enemies and point Israel back to God. Israel when coming out of Egypt was about 2 million people only a quarter of them were counted because they were the fighting men. When Israel was going astray it almost always talked about how there was just a remnant faithful. Israel was letting the world into their views. Are we crying out for restoration, are we the remnant, or are we still running from God’s love.

 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, you lead us and guide us. You give us the opportunity and ability to return to you when we fall. I thank you are molding and refining me. Lord help me to seek you always and help me to return to you when I loos my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment