Tuesday, June 29, 2021

What are you preaching???

Reading: 2 Samuel 15, Psalm 3 & 89, and 2 Timothy 4

Scripture: 2 Timothy 4:2, preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

Thoughts: When I hear the word preach I almost always think of someone getting up in front of a church and giving a well crafted message. The Greek word that was used in this passage was kerysso, this word has several meaning, being a herald, openly publish and public proclamation. When we get on our soapboxes and speak about something with some air of authority we are preaching whatever gospel we are getting on a soapbox for. We are all called to preach in one way or another. Is your preaching advancing the Kingdom or are you taking the focus for God and the gift he gave us. 

Prayer: Father God, you are worthy of all praise, you are worthy of all the words we have to preach. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us. I thank you that you give us opportunities to love those around us and build the kingdom. I thank you that you are growing and stretching me. I ask that you pour your boldness into me and help me to speak your word, and your praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment