Friday, June 25, 2021

Caught in the crossfire.

Reading: 2 Samuel 8-9, 1 Chronicles 18, Psalm 60, and 1 Timothy 6

Scripture: 2 Samuel 9:1, And David said, “Is there still anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?” 

Thoughts: We have all been hurt by family or friends at some point or another, David had been hurt by someone who was family and king. Most of us who would have been in David’s situation would have written off that entire family thinking, “I’m sorry my friend died but that family got what was coming to it.” David showed God’s love toward Saul’s entire family because of the friendship he had with Jonathan. I have been through break ups where friends choose sides and family issues where because of the actions of one person there is an entire group of people who have distain for who I am. We are called to love as God loves and David exemplifies this by restoring to Mephibosheth his grandfathers land and gave him servants to work it. How can we show love to those who have wronged us and those caught in the crossfire? 

Prayer: Father God you are the one who makes all things, who owns all things and gives to us all we need. you pour your love upon us all and ask us to pour it out on those around us. I ask that you help me to pour your love on the world around us. I thank you that you are still working in my life leading and guiding me every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment