Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Jumping headfirst into a puddle

Reading: 1 Samuel 25, 1 Chronicles 3, and Matthew 17

Scripture: Matthew 17:4, And Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah.”

Thoughts: I feel like I would have lots in common with Peter, we work with our hands and we both have this annoying tendency to say or do things without thinking. I have gotten better about it but sometime I still jump in headfirst into a puddle. The only thing recorded that Peter said during this transfiguration was “let’s build tents.” Peter, in seeing Moses, Elijah, and the transfigured Jesus, was like we can make you a place to be just like we did for God when Moses brought us out of Egypt. As good intentioned as Peter was, he was blundering into something. Are we listening to God and seeking Holy Spirit’s guidance going into a situation or are we charging in like a bull hopping to hit the mark? Let us tame the bull inside us and walk in the peace and joy that God has for us. 

Prayer: Father God, you are the beginning and the end, you own the cattle on a thousand hills, you lead us and guide us. I thank you for the molding and refining you are working in our lives. I ask that you help me to walk in your ways, and seek you instead of charging in like a bull and causing mayhem when peace is needed. Lead me and guide me, open my heart to you leading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment