Monday, March 15, 2021

Too much or too little rest?

Reading: Leviticus 7-8 and John 5

Scripture: John 5:10-11, So the Jews said to the man who had been healed, “It is the Sabbath, and it is not lawful for you to take up your bed.” But he answered them, “The man who healed me, that man said to me, ‘Take up your bed, and walk.’”

Thoughts: The first thing that came to mind when reading this was Mark 2:27-28, “And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.”” There are so many people out there who are more into the dos and don’ts of religion than the relationship with Christ. This man who had been lame all is life, someone because of his limitations had not “worked” was told to take up his bed by the man who healed him. Just like when the nation of Israel was taken into captivity to let the land rest, this man had his rest already and now he can start his work. The Sabbath was created to show us the need for rest not as a way to inflict control on God’s people. Has your Sabbath been too long or not there at all? Let us find the balance for the Glory of God.  

Prayer: Father God you are the Lord of my life my comings and goings my work and my rest are yours. You gave me my wife, my children, my home and my job, I ask that you help me to see and exercise the balance needed in my life to honor you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment