Sunday, March 7, 2021

Long term Consequences

Reading: Exodus 32-33, Psalm 1, Romans 14

 

Scripture: Exodus 32:35, Then the Lord sent a plague on the people, because they made the calf, the one that Aaron made.

 

Thoughts: during this portion of Exodus there is almost always the focus on Moses smashing the tables and grinding the golden calf and making Israel drink it. This morning having first it stood out that the sons of Levi come and killed three thousand people they knew. Then alter is says a plague came upon them. As I was reading this I realized that there were two types of consequences to our sins there are the immediate and long term. I was just explaining to my 6 year old that there are not immediate and long term consequences to actions, some time you get a quick sharp discipline and sometimes you get a long term one to remind you over time what you did. 

 

Prayer: God you are for wonderful, you know every hair in our heads. I thank you for the discipline and consequences you give us that help us come back to you and to recognize when we have gone astray. I ask you to open our eyes and ears to hear from you and seek your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment