Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Little by little

Reading: Exodus 23, Psalm 119:137-176, and Romans 9

Scripture: Exodus 23:29-30, I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts multiply against you. Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and possess the land.

Thoughts: I have had situations in my life where I wanted God to fix it now or take this or that issue from me. The reason God did not clear our the promised land was one it would like time to get for the people of Israel to make their way through the nation and God did not want the land to be reclaimed by nature or others. There are times when God will fix or remove something in our lives and when he does it is a 100 percent fix. There are also times where things happen incrementally, like my medical issues. I was partially healed during a retreat two years ago, it gave me my breath back and I was able to play with my kids, but it was not completely gone. I am now scheduled to have surgery to repair the issues at a time where it will cost me nothing. Lust has been in issue for me for probably 25 years, but within the last year God has released me from it, I still have temptations and sometimes still look but the strangle hold it had on me has been released. God has the power to take it all away but the wisdom that knows what will fill that space if he does. 

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful. I thank you for all you have done the things you have set me free from and the journey I am walking through with you by my side. I ask that you help me to continue to overcome every obstacle that comes before me in your timing and with your power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment