Saturday, March 20, 2021

Called

Reading: Leviticus 16-17 and John 11

Scripture: John 11:28-29, When she had said this, she went and called her sister Mary, saying in private, “The Teacher is here and is calling for you.” And when she heard it, she rose quickly and went to him.

Thoughts: God is calling each and every one of us, He longs to have a relationship with us. Even growing up in the church, going to Sunday school, summer camps and be baptized in my teens, I did not understand God’s calling or really listen. I went to Bible college for a year because I thought it was what I should do. After two failed marriages and running toward my own desires, I heard God calling me I finished a degree in ministry, I met a Godly woman and together we found a church that has been discipling us. When Mary was told that Jesus was calling her in the midst of her grief, she went to him immediately, she did not put it off or say let me grieve then I will come, she rose and quickly went. Is there a calling to go or do something that you have been putting off or not wanting to do? Let us rise quickly and go to the Father who calls us and wants to incorporate us into his plan.

Prayer: Father God, you are calling, you have a plan that is greater than our plans, you call us to be apart of your work. I pray that our hearts, our eyes and our ears be opened to your calling, your directions and your plan. Help us to be the stewards of this life that you have given us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment