Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Be afraid

Reading: Numbers 2, Psalm 46, and John 19

Scripture: John 19:7-8, The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die because he has made himself the Son of God.” When Pilate heard this statement, he was even more afraid.

Thoughts: We are all sons and daughters of God though the adoption that happened when we accepted the gift offered to us through the death and resurrection of Jesus. Pilate knew the stories going around about Jesus and even his wife had a dream about who he was, and when the priest and high officials of the Jews is saying we want you to kill this man who says he is the Son of God. I would have been scared myself. By the adoptions though Jesus we are given the power and authority to do as it says in John 14:12, to do the works that I do and greater works. As sons and daughters, we need to walk in the authority and power that has been given us, the world should be afraid to cross the church we are not called to be pacifist but to be the front line for those things that are right.

Prayer: Father God you are the commander and chief, you are in control. I thank you for the ability to be apart of your army and fight the way, the truth, and the life that bring honor and glory to you. Refine me and make me into the vessel you have called me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment