Tuesday, March 16, 2021

On who's authority?

Reading: Leviticus 11-12 and John 7

Scripture: John 7:16-17, So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.

Thoughts: When reading this I thought about when someone questions something we are doing at work, we always refer to those who are in authority above us, or go get someone who has more authority than the one trying to question us. This is exactly what Jesus was doing and the one who sent him and has the higher authority is God the Father. As we spend time in the word and learn God’s voice and know his word like Jesus we can say this has come form above and they can choose to believe or not. We are all called to preach the good news to the world. Are we telling those around us about that good news. 

Prayer:  Father God, you are worthy of all praise and honor, your glory shines upon your creation and your creation shouts your praise. I thank you for all you do in my life. I ask that you help me to be more open and have the boldness to shine your light to those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment