Friday, March 5, 2021

Puffed or jealous

Reading: Exodus 28-29 and Romans 12

 

Scripture: Romans 12:3-4, For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function,

 

Thoughts: Paul was telling us to know who we are in Christ, and warning about pride. It is easy to fall into I did this great thing I did that great thing and puff ourselves up or get ahead of God’s plan. I also think that he was warning us about jealousy as easy as getting the “look at me” mentality it’s just as easy to fall into the “I wish I could …” mentality. We are all gifted in different ways. I know people who walk in the prophetic, I know people who walk in the healings, other who have the gift of street evangelism. I also know teachers and musicians who all use their talents for the glory of God and I can’t hold myself to the standard of their gifts. We need to have right thinking of who we are in Christ.

 

Prayer: Father God, you give us all talents and gifts, you pour your love out on this world even when they don’t recognize you. I thank you for all you are doing in my life and all you have planed for me. I ask that you help me keep my perspective and know you gave me my talents for a reason and give me direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment