Friday, March 12, 2021

Salty Sacrifice!!

Reading: Leviticus 2-4 and John 3

Scripture: Leviticus 2:13, You shall season all your grain offerings with salt. You shall not let the salt of the covenant with your God be missing from your grain offering; with all your offerings you shall offer salt.

Thoughts: As I was reading this I had just thought about how a couple verses earlier the law was talking about not having leaven in the grain offerings, and my mind was on Jesus and the leaven of the Pharisees. When the law said to season every offering with salt, my mind jumped to Matthew 5:13-16 where Jesus teaches us that we are the salt and light of the world. As living sacrifices (Romans 12:1) we need to keep ourselves salted. This passage says that we are to not the salt of the covenant of God be missing. We have that covenant with God through Christ, I feel like without our regularly gathering, our regular time with God in reading the Word, praying, and worship we are not keeping that salt in our lives or as said in Matthew 5 the salt is losing his saltiness. 

Prayer: Father, you are worthy of all praise, you are worthy of all sacrifice and worship. I thank you for your covenant with us. I ask that you help me to remain salty to have the salt of your covenant on every sacrifice I make and pour myself out before you every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment