Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Harvest???

Reading: Leviticus 18-19 and John 12

Scripture: Leviticus 19:9-10, When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.

Thoughts: As I was reading, this law about reaping the harvest stuck out to me. I know most people are not out with large vineyards or fields of grain where this is applicable. But we do work there was a time I was working 50 plus hours a week, I was putting my work and how I was providing for my family above my relationship with my family. We are called to leave some for those less fortunate in this law. Today we work for money and most people live pay check to pay check and sometime on credit cards when the checks are not enough. I see this living as reaping to the edges and gathering the fallen grapes. When we are living without a buffer built into our budget for unexpected giving, unexpected bills or anything that could come up how are we to thrive as we are told we can. Christ said he came to give us life more abundant, that life is not just the good stuff when you look at what life is, then say God is giving us more. In my last 40 years of life there have been great mountain top moments and some deep dark valleys and lots in between, we are told we are getting more life. Yes, God will provide but we also need to be good stewards of what he has given us. What is left of your harvest at the end of the month. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful and generous, you take care of our needs and provide for them. I thank you for all you do and give us. I ask that you help me to better steward that which you give me and help me be more generous. 


No comments:

Post a Comment