Sunday, June 7, 2020

June 7, 2020 You are not where you are From!!

Reading: 1 Chronicles 2, Psalm 87, and Matthew 16

Scripture: Psalm 87:6, The Lord records as he registers the peoples, “This one was born there.” Selah

Thoughts: As we sit and hear the cries for justice and the cries for the end of oppression from every media group and on every social media platform out there. This passage stood out to me. I am still working through why this stood out to me but the feelings I am having is that in the time when we are having the atrocities of this world broadcast everywhere and with everyone’s opinions intermingled into the truth we need to focus one God’s love and who we are. I am A Child of the One True King and I am an American. We are all made in the image of God and due to our heritage and the diversity of this would we all look different on the outside, once we get passed the skin we are all the same and all have the same choice to work hard to change the cards we are dealt at birth or allow the broken sinful world to dictate who we are. God knows where we are from and knows if we are falling into the stereotype that we are associated with or if we are striving to over come it. I believe all lives matter from the newest of conceived babies to the oldest person on earth and from the darkest skinned black person to whitest of whities and every person in between. I believe that we all deserve the same rights and opportunities and the same considerations. God saw no difference between any of us, He sent His Son to die on the cross for everyone, from the worst of murderers to the kindest person. If God can love me that much and He can love you that much the least we can do is love each other that much.

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, you love endures through the hurt and the pain in this world. I thank you that you sent your Son to redeem us and pay the debt that we never could repay. I thank you for my family, I thank you for the truth of your Word. I thank you for your provision and blessings you pour out on us every day. I ask that you open the hearts and minds of this world to the truth of ALL, the truth of love, and the truth of ALL created in your image.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment