Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June 16, 2020 What Honor????

Reading: 2 Samuel 2, 1 Chronicles 2, and Matthew 25

Scripture: 2 Samuel 2:5-6, David sent messengers to the men of Jabesh-gilead and said to them, “May you be blessed by the Lord, because you showed this loyalty to Saul your lord and buried him. Now may the Lord show steadfast love and faithfulness to you. And I will do good to you because you have done this thing.

Thoughts: Even when Saul was trying to kill him David honored Saul. Just  as Saul had been anointed so had David king and today we have been anointed with the Holy Spirit. David not only honored Saul in life but also honored him in death and honored those who honored Saul. Are we only honoring those who honor us, are we raising up and praying for those who are against us?

Prayer: Father you are worthy of all praise and all honor, I thank you that you know me and have numbered the hairs on my head. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I thank you for my family. I thank you that your hand is on my family and you are watching over us. I ask for clarity and direction on the steps to take for my son and daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment