Thursday, June 25, 2020

June 25, 2020 There are trials and afflictions.

Reading: 2 Samuel 10, 1 Chronicles 19-20, Psalm 107, and 2 Timothy 1

Scripture: Psalm 107:41-43, but he raises up the needy out of affliction and makes their families like flocks. The upright see it and are glad, and all wickedness shuts its mouth. Whoever is wise, let him attend to these things; let them consider the steadfast love of the Lord.

Thoughts: In the beginning of this Psalm the writer starts with giving thanks and reminding the redeemed, from the from the Israelites who were first redeemed by the blood of sheep and goats to us who have been redeemed by the blood of Christ. I have been walking though this lately, we have been waiting on promised things, in the midst of waiting for this promise we also find out a great blessings that we were not expecting in which also causes further stress. We are waiting on the raising up as our flock grows and we are trying to be wise and remember the steadfast love of God and that our family growth is a great blessing.

Prayer: Lord God your love endures forever, your grace is sufficient for me, I thank you for my family, I thank you for the blessings and provisions you pour out on us. I thank you for your steadfast love and direction for my life. I ask that you help me to endure these trials and afflictions and to praise and honor you in the storms of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment