Friday, June 5, 2020

June 5, 2020 Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Reading: 1 Samuel 23-24, Psalm 54, and Matthew 14

Scripture: 1 Samuel 23:2, Therefore David inquired of the Lord , “Shall I go and attack these Philistines?” And the Lord said to David, “Go and attack the Philistines and save Keilah.”

Thoughts: After going though todays reading a few times this passage spoke to me, as David was running from Saul and heard about some oppression that was happening and took time to inquire of God if he should lead his men to save the city of Keilah. When we are running and hiding and we hear of someone else in distress do we seek God’s direction, continue to run, or do we just help with no regard to God’s plan or will for that situation. As we dive into the Word and familiarize ourselves with God’s voice then we can better hear Him when we need to know how to deal with a situation.  

Prayer: Father love abounds and pours over this world. I long to linger in your presence and rest in your love. I thank you that you are leading us and guiding us as we go about our day. I thank you for my family I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us ever day. Lord continue to clean out my ears that I may hear your voice and listen to your guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment