Monday, June 15, 2020

June 15, 2020 How is it you were not afraid to put out your hand to destroy the Lord ’s anointed?

Reading: 2 Samuel 1, Psalm 85, and Matthew 24

Scripture: 2 Samuel 1:14-15, David said to him, “How is it you were not afraid to put out your hand to destroy the Lord ’s anointed?” Then David called one of the young men and said, “Go, execute him.” And he struck him down so that he died.

Thoughts: As I was reading this morning, this retelling of this Amalekite telling David that he killed Saul and brought the crown and armlet to David to prove that Saul was dead and the story of killing Saul. In another account it is said that Saul and his armor bearer fell upon their own swords. No matter if this man finished off Saul or just came across the body and was told David that he did it to try to gain favor him. Are there things in our lives where we are exaggerating the truth to make ourselves look better or, are we raising out hands against things that God has anointed. I a world where we are being told to self-promote and I have even been told to lie on resumes to help me to stand out. This man thinking, he would be exalted by this new king and have a good life did not know that his life would be taken from him. As we let this would influence us to the point of compromising who God sees us as and lead us deeper into our sin nature we may not be sent to our execution but we will loose out on the Life God has for us. What are we letting into your lives that is taking life from us?

Prayer: Father God you pour life into and onto us every day, you lead us to green pastures, and protect us. I thank you for your love and guidance. I thank you for your provisions and blessings, I thank you for my family and the life you have given me. I ask that you help me to see when I start seeking my own exaltation and putting my hand against something you have anointed, help me to seek my place in your plan and not just your plan for me. I am but a small part in your works oh Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment