Sunday, June 28, 2020

June 28, 2020 Itchy Ears!!!

Reading: 2 Samuel 15, Psalm 3 & 89, and 2 Timothy 4

Scripture: 2 Timothy 4:3-4, For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

Thoughts: Here in the United States I have noticed the “me” centric mentality of this society growing and infiltrating the Church. We have been pandered to and given the ability to go get anything we want and told we can do anything we want. When it comes to church it has become Church Shopping the moment we are not being fed or pandered to or worse when we get pushed to go deeper in our relationship with God at a church we move on. Paul warned us about this two thousand years ago when he was writing to Timothy that people will get off on where the focus needs to be. Our focus need to be on is God’s word being taught or is the Bible being used to make a point. Be in the word, seek a church that teaches the word, and allow yourself to go deeper, God’s love is deeper and wider then we know.

Prayer: Father God your word is living and is sharper then a two edged, your word cuts us to the division of soul and spirit ion rebuke and exhortation. I thank you for your word and the guidance in it. I thank you for my family and friends that help me encourage me into that deeper walk with you. Open my heart to better receive that guidance. Lead me and help me press into you.

No comments:

Post a Comment