Thursday, June 4, 2020

June 4, 2020 Who are we hurting??

Reading: 1 Samuel 22, Psalm 52, 57, 63 & 142, and Matthew 13

Scripture: 1 Samuel 22:22-23, And David said to Abiathar, “I knew on that day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, that he would surely tell Saul. I have occasioned the death of all the persons of your father’s house. Stay with me; do not be afraid, for he who seeks my life seeks your life. With me you shall be in safekeeping.”

Thoughts: How often whether on purpose or on accident have we caused physical or emotional damage to someone? We are all human and can be selfish and we will hurt people meaning to or not. David just trying to escape from Saul ran into Doeg when trying to get supplies. In turn getting almost an entire family killed. David when finding out what had happened, he told Abiathar, “Stay with me; do not be afraid, for he who seeks my life seeks your life. With me you shall be in safekeeping.” David took him in and was protecting him. When we make our mistakes and cause pain to someone are we taking responsibility for our action and doing what we can to make it right and to protect those we hurt from further hurts from ourselves. My biggest struggle with this is my family, I love them and care for them, but I also am not great at protecting them from me. I blow up, I scream and yell, and they see the brunt of my anger. I think this is part of the age-old question, Why do we hurt the ones we love? In my experience it comes down to in public and at work we have our filters and things in place and when we get around family we have a comfortability with them and turn off the things we probably turn up. Mainly the fruit of the spirit, Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control. Let us seek God and grow the fruit so that we can pour them out on the ones we love and into the world around us.

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful and you are the seed planter, you are the great gardener and send your workers to help us to grow and bear fruit. I thank you that you are growing us and guiding us in walking your path. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provision and blessings that you pour out on us. I thank you that you have planted a seed in me and are bringing helpers around to help water and prune me to be the man and father you call me to be. I ask that you continue to send those people into my life I ask that you help me to be that person in others lives as well. And help me to bear your fruit and pour your love on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment