Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 24, 2020 Is this the Good Fight???

Reading: 2 Samuel 8-9, 1 Chronicles 18, Psalm 60, and 1 Timothy 6

Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:12, Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Thoughts: This morning the, “fight the good fight” stood out to me, mostly because of the things going on in my head and work. I have the thoughts and feelings of I need to be in fulltime ministry yet I don’t know where or in what way. I also have been feeling more and more strain and stress in my job being that I am being taken advantage of. The passage is making me look at my situation and ask what is the good fight in this? Are we fighting at all and if so, is it the good fight?

Prayer: Father you are the beginning and the end the Alpha and Omega you lead me to green pastures and still waters. I thank you for this time of rest you have called my family to and this time of training help me to know your path, help me to lead my family as you call us to. Help me to fulfill your plan and to lay aside my own plans. Help me to fight the good fight and not do my own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment