Sunday, June 21, 2020

June 21, 2020 We can Dance if we want too!!!

Reading: 2 Samuel 6, 1 Chronicles 15, Psalm 122, and 1 Timothy 2-3

Scripture: 2 Samuel 6:14-15, And David danced before the Lord with all his might. And David was wearing a linen ephod. So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouting and with the sound of the horn.

Thoughts: David a man after God’s own heart as he is described all over the Word, was dancing and worshiping God as they brought the Ark to Jerusalem. Dave was exhibiting a right position before God, there are times to bow the knee, there are times to bow with our faces to the ground, and there are times to worship and dace before the Lord. As parents are we letting our children see us placing God on high and us being in that right position before God. I know I don’t always let my children see it, partly because there is admittedly too many times that I forget to put God first and place myself in that proper position. Let us all strive to keep God in his place of honor and to take to proper position before God, if we are to dance, then dance, if it is to bow then bow, just let others see that you point to God always, no matter the situation.

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful. I thank you for all that you have done for us and the ability to worship in so many ways. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out. I thank you for my family. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us. I ask that you help me to love others as you love them and help me to keep you in the place of honor in my life, and when I put something before you help me to see and put things back where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment