Friday, June 12, 2020

June 12, 2020 Wrestling with God's word!

Reading: 1 Samuel 29, 1 Chronicles 7 and Matthew 21

Scripture: Matthew 21:21-22, And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Thoughts: This morning this passage really struck me, two days ago during dinner my son had a seizure his fifth one. This was also the first I had seen before this I had been working or for some reason away from him when they had happened. I had not gotten to the table to eat when this happened and after coming out of it I held him and prayed for about an hour and even had the passage of Matthew 17:21 come to mind about only with fasting and praying. That night my wife had this feeling she wanted to have him sleep with us, and at about midnight he woke us up having another. This was the fist time that 2 had happened within weeks of the last let alone within 6 hours. With this passage I am reminded that I am human and feel like that father in Mark 9:24, I believe. help my unbelief! I know God can heal I know God does heal I have seen it and he has worked miracles though me, I am struggling on where I did it wrong and where I need to get myself back into alignment with God so that my son does not have to suffer these and can have a normal life.

Prayer: Father you are the great physician, you fulfill our needs, heal the sick and overcome all things. I thank you that you are not done with me and that your Holy Spirit is working in me to overcome the places in my life that are not given to you. I thank you that your are healing, you are healing the sick, the lame, and those broken by this world. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you are pouring out upon us every day. I ask that you help me to see what I am holding back and the things that are still binding me to the old ways of thinking. Lead me and guide me in your love and how to love like you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment