Tuesday, June 23, 2020

June 23, 2020 How is your fruit??

Reading: 2 Samuel 7, 1 Chronicles 17, Psalm 23, and 1 Timothy 5

Scripture: 1 Timothy 5:24-25, The sins of some people are conspicuous, going before them to judgment, but the sins of others appear later. So also good works are conspicuous, and even those that are not cannot remain hidden.

Thoughts: Growing up I remember the passage in Matthew 6:3, But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. As a kid I remember hiding my giving in one hand and trying to slight if hand put it in the offering plate as it was passed around, trying to lot let my other hand see or any one else. Today many years later that came to mind as I was reading 1 Timothy, it starts off with sin and that even when it’s something hidden with will come to light then says it the same with doing good. So much of society think of themselves as “good people” yet the fruit in their lives are showing something different. Its is not about hiding your sin or good deeds but its about what are your fruit who are you being both when everyone is looking and when only God can see you?

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, you glory shines about us and your creations cries out in worship. I thank you for your love and grace, I thank you for your provisions and blessings your are pouring out in us. I thank you for my family and friends. I long to sit in your presence. I ask that you help me to bear fruit in accordance to your calling help me to be know by your fruit and not the fruit of the evil one. Lead me and guide me in your direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment