Saturday, June 20, 2020

June 20, 2020 "STOP IT!!!"

Reading: 2 Samuel 5, 1 Chronicles 13-14, Psalm 30, 1 Timothy 1, and Luke 1

Scripture: 1 Chronicles 13:12, And David was afraid of God that day, and he said, “How can I bring the ark of God home to me?”

Thoughts: Today reading the telling of Uzza’s death and the fear that it put into David got me thinking. Up until this point in my understanding of the timeline other than receiving supernatural strength and guidance from God he had not had a big miraculous encounter with God’s power. Here he just witnessed God killing Uzza for touching the Ark. I know that just like David I would be freaked out seeing that happen. We need to understanding that there may be something that has caused others to fear and not just tell them to stop being afraid like Bob Newhart telling his patient to “STOP IT.” Let us love one another and share God’s love to help those with fear to know the true and loving God.

Prayer: Father you are Love and you are Just, I thank you that you sent your Son to pay the price so that I don’t have to receive those things I deserve and can receive those blessings I don’t deserve. I thank you for my family and friends, I thank you for the provision you give me and the guidance you give me. I ask for help being more loving and showing your love to the world around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment