Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June 29th, 2020 The Judge is in!!!

Reading: 2 Samuel 16-18, Psalm 7&41, and Titus 1

Scripture: Psalm 7:11-13, God is a righteous judge, and a God who feels indignation every day. If a man does not repent, God will whet his sword; he has bent and readied his bow; he has prepared for him his deadly weapons, making his arrows fiery shafts.

Thoughts: I was reminded when I read this passage probably for the 4th or 5th time this morning about how just God is. There have been so many debates and arguments about how the God of the Old Testament was vengeful and the God of the New Testament is loving, God has been consistent in being loving and just through out the Word. On this side of the Birth, Death and Resurrection of our savior can blind us to why we needed him in the first place, the wages of sin is death, we deserve to die for what we have done. God is willing to let us make the choice to not listen to the calling on our lives. Do you want what you deserve?

Prayer: Father you are so just and yet though your Son you gave us a way to be atoned and reconnected to you. Your grace abounds over me. I thank you that you did send your Son and wanted to have a relationship with me. Thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provision and blessings that you are pouring out upon us. I ask that in your righteous judgment you help me to see the places in my life that are faltering and need realignment, help me to seek that correction and walk in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment