Wednesday, June 17, 2020

June 17, 2020 What will you give me???

Reading: 2 Samuel 3 and Matthew 26

Scripture: Matthew 26:15-16, “What will you give me if I deliver him over to you?” And they paid him thirty pieces of silver. And from that moment he sought an opportunity to betray him.

Thoughts: This morning I felt lead to think about Judas, I am not sure how long he had been following but to be in the twelve it must have been most of Jesus’ ministry. In that time, he had to have witnessed and maybe be apart of several miracles. Being around or experiencing miracles would increase anyone’s faith. Therefore, what would have caused him to betray Jesus to the priests? There are the different groups of religious leaders and many thought on who or what the messiah would be, even though Judas had been in the midst of Jesus’ teachings and miracles, knowing his love and kindness, I feel that he was still of the mindset that the messiah was going to be a conquering king and to kick Rome our of Israel and set up his rein. Therefore, his thoughts could have been I am helping Jesus to jumpstart the taking back of Israel. I know that there have been times where I heard or thought I heard something from God and in my own understanding I just run head on into some situation and find myself trying to push what I thought was God’s agenda but in turn it was just my own.

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, your plans I greater than my plans and your ways are greater than my ways. I thank you that your ways are greater and that you allow me to be apart of them even when I fail. I thank you that your are apart of my life, I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you are pouring out upon us every day. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I as that you help me to walk in your ways and in your plans and not see my own agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment