Friday, June 26, 2020

June 26, 2020 What about the unanswered prayers???

Reading: 2 Samuel 11-12, Psalm 51, 2 Timothy 2

Scripture: 2 Samuel 12:20, Then David arose from the earth and washed and anointed himself and changed his clothes. And he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. He then went to his own house. And when he asked, they set food before him, and he ate.

Thoughts: How often do we have anger toward God for one reason or another after something comes about after we were told about it. David prayed and fasted interceding for his son hoping that God would choose to have further mercy him. When God does not grant a prayer in the way that we think he should or the answer is not what we wanted to hear, what is our attitude toward God? Are we like David getting ourselves off the floor getting cleaned up and going to worship God, or do we mope about, or scream and yell at God? I am of the belief that God is a big God and he can take being yelled at but are we in proper alignment with God. When Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemane praying, I don’t think it would have been the Aramaic equivalent of the Kings James prayers this all the ye’s and thou’s in it.

I could see with the stress and torment he was under preparing to go to the cross that it got to the point of sweating blood his prayer may have still been reverent and in alignment but there would have been so much emotion there being pressed in on him that it could have come out as a yell cry prayer. It says in the gospels that Jesus had to wake the disciples but it also has an account of what he said that makes me think he may not have been quiet about it. I could see Jesus on his knees crying/yelling out at God “IS THERE ANOTHER WAY, LET THIS CUP PASS FROM ME, But not my will but yours be done” Let us worship and praise God even in the midst of the storms and trials and when the answers are not what we are looking for.

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, you know our hearts and our minds. I thank you that you are big enough to take it when I have emotions and questions. I thank you that you help me to see the next step. I thank you for my family and friends, for the provisions and blessings that you are pouring out upon us. I ask that you help me to see when I’m getting off track. Help me to open my heart and mine to your leading and guidance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment