Sunday, April 26, 2020

April 26, 2020 What is your hashtag??

Reading: Deuteronomy 18-20, 2 Corinthians 12, and Mark 12

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 12:6, though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me.

Thoughts: In today’s social media driven world we are encouraged to put ourselves out there and build an image for yourself. Growing up the top two jobs I heard kids talk about wanting to be were police officers and fire fighters today it is all about the being a famous youtube star or an influencer. When people see us on these apps, are they seeing the real us who we really are moment to moment or are we presenting them with an image that is designed to get likes and shares. Paul had some real things to boast about #sawheaven #taughtbyGod. Are we bragging on God or looking of the accolades of this world? Jesus rebuked the pharisees for doing things just to show how holy they looked by doing all these things. The addictions to the likes and shares of something you posted is real and we need to watch where we are getting our accolades from. Those from God will last those of the world may turn their back on in in an instant.

Prayer: Father you are where our hope comes from, you are the only one who’s opinions truly matters. Thank you for forming me in my mother’s womb thank you for knowing the hairs on my head and who I am. I thank you for my family, I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out. I ask that you help me to keep a right heart, help me keep my perspective set properly that those who look to me see you shining in my life. You are all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment