Sunday, April 26, 2020

April 25, 2020 What is your boast???

Reading: Deuteronomy 16-17, Psalm 2, 2 Corinthians 11, and Mark 11

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 11:30-31 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, he who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.

Thoughts: As Paul talked about in all the ways that the church in Corinth were apparently boasting about and brought up the he had it much worse. He basically tells them they are being crazy for talking like that but if we are to boast at all it should be in our weakness because it glorifies God. As many of us struggle with the what ever our situation looks like today. Be it being out of work or being cyber-bullied we all have something that is affecting how we see ourselves and the world around us. Our perspective is not meant to be short sighted or focused on what has happened. God has a plan for us and sometimes being in this fallen world and having free will his plan does not happen as he planned it but for those who are his he will make all things work for our good. Our testimony is the most powerful tool we have because we can share how God encountered us and, in our weakness, he made us strong.

Prayer: Father you are the great orchestrator, even when we get in the way of your plans you work things out. I thank you that you are always working things out. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you are pouring out upon us. I ask that you help me to see when I am hindering your plan and help me to have a correctable heart. Lead me and guide me in your ways, open my eyes and my ears to see and hear your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment