Friday, April 24, 2020

April 24, 2020 Not my money!!!

Reading: Deuteronomy 14-15, Psalm 88, and 2 Corinthians 10

Scripture: Deuteronomy 15:1-2, At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release. And this is the manner of the release: every creditor shall release what he has lent to his neighbor. He shall not exact it of his neighbor, his brother, because the Lord ’s release has been proclaimed.

Thoughts: As someone who can be a bit on the selfish side, I can see this being a hard lesson to take. God has spent time working on me with this. God was specifically talking to Israel but this I felt applies to me as well with what God has been teaching me and working with me. This started with reminders that nothing I have is my own, I know I grew up with the mine attitude as do most of us and some are able to grow out of it and others struggle with it all their lives. The thing that got me to the point of thinking that this release applies to me was the word Stewardship, and realizing that none of it is mine God is entrusting me with things and finances and how I steward them shows where my heart is. Am I doing things that just make me feel good and fill whatever hole I have in my life or am I using what I have, to further God’s calling on my life?

Prayer: Father God you are the owner of all things, you give and take, you bless, and you curse. Your word is nourishment to my soul, and I thank you for your word. I thank you for my family and the provisions and blessings that you give us. I place it all in your hands and ask you to bless it. I ask that you continue to work in me, help me to better steward your gifts and to not hold onto the thoughts that I need to get back what I put out, and to lend without seeking repayment.

No comments:

Post a Comment