Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April 1, 2020 What is being burned our?


Reading: Numbers 8-10 and 1 Corinthians 3

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 3:15-17, If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

Thoughts: Every choice of our lives is a brick in our temple to God. We spend every day building another wall or room or whatever though out our lives and each day. There are time that we will be tested by fire and are all those brick and choices going to stand up to the fires of those trials. One day the fire of judgment will come upon our temple and are we going to be sitting there watching all we built that looked good to the world burn to the ground because it was filled with straw and not made of things that will withstand the flames. Today we can start removing those brick of straw and replacing them with Gold and building on the firm foundation with the Cornerstone of Christ.

Prayer: Father you are the refiner, you are the potter, refine me and mold me into the man you need me to be. I thank you for your provisions and blessings and the stewardship you have laid before me. I ask that you help me to see the straw brick in my life and how to replace them. Open my eyes to your guidance and directions you have for me. Help me to submit to authority and lead with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment