Friday, April 10, 2020

April 10,2020 Didn't you hear me the first time???


Reading: Numbers 23-24, 1 Corinthians 12, and Mark 6

Scripture: Numbers 24:12-13, And Balaam said to Balak, “Did I not tell your messengers whom you sent to me, ‘If Balak should give me his house full of silver and gold, I would not be able to go beyond the word of the Lord , to do either good or bad of my own will. What the Lord speaks, that will I speak’?

Thoughts: After felling like I needed the Donkey yesterday. And having the ideas of needing to let my yes be yeas and my no be no. Balaam started off well in saying when Balak’s men came to him the first time that God told him that ha could not go but later after the came back he went and God used him to bless Israel more. Here he is quoting himself telling Balak, “see I told you I can’t curse them.” Are we letting our yes be yes and our no be no, or are we saying ok God said no but I will keep asking to see if God will change his mind? God does not change his mind; He may allow us to go our own way and give us over to our own ambitions but if God told us no, he means no.

Prayer: Father I thank you that you are consistent your yes is yes and your no is no there is no in between. I thank you that you take care of all needs and watch over your people. Open my heart to your leading and guide me. Create in me a new heart and make me the man you need me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment