Thursday, April 2, 2020

April 2, 2020 Angry with God?


Reading: Numbers 11-12, Psalm 148, 1 Corinthians 4 and Mark 1

Scripture: Number 11:15, If you will treat me like this, kill me at once, if I find favor in your sight, that I may not see my wretchedness.

Thoughts: How often do you get angry at God? I’m not going to ask if you get angry with God because if you are human you have probably been mad at God. I say welcome to the club, here we see Moses saying just kill me, and there are many times we hear about different people crying out to God in different situations. How are we handling our anger with God? God does have broad shoulders and can take our anger, but just like on Moses, God wants to pour out blessings, comfort, and peace on each of us. We are going to go though trials and tribulations I know the thoughts come up why I’m I going through this and sometimes we think “God, why are you putting me though this?” God is not putting you though anything but he may be allowing a trial to refine and grow you. When we cry out to God are we shouting “kill me now” or are we crying out and seeking him in the mist of the storm?

Prayer: Father you are the great I AM, the beginning and the end. I thank you that you give us what we need in the mist of the trials and storms that we go through. I thank you that you are the one in control and have the shoulders to bear all our burdens. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out upon us every day. I ask that you open my eyes and heart to your direction and help me to lay my burdens and worry at your feet and on carry your peace and love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment