Tuesday, April 14, 2020

April 14, 2020 FIRE!!!!


Reading: Numbers 30-31 and 1 Corinthians 16

Scripture: Numbers 31:22-23, only the gold, the silver, the bronze, the iron, the tin, and the lead, everything that can stand the fire, you shall pass through the fire, and it shall be clean. Nevertheless, it shall also be purified with the water for impurity. And whatever cannot stand the fire, you shall pass through the water.

Thoughts: We are to be refined with fire and in that refining we are also being cleansed and purified. Here after a battle they are purifying everything that they took as plunder from the battle, including the women who had not known men. Everything that could withstand that fire were put through the flames and everything was put through the waters of purification. Our trials and tribulations are our fire, our baptism is into his death and resurrection but it is also like this water of purification, we are cleansed. Once cleansed we are now going to be refined, sometimes it is trials that come daily, sometimes more often and sometime further between, that depends on us and how we allow that refining to work in our lives. It all come down to where we are in the process and what the Father is working with us on.

Prayer: Father you are the potter and the master smith, you refine us and purify us until we are your reflection then you mold us into the vessels you have called us to be. I thank you that you are refining me and that even though I may fall you are till working with me to get me to be where you need me. I thank you for your provision and blessings, I ask that I may reflect your glory and share your love and guidance to the world. Open my eyes to seeing your direction for today and open my ears to hear what you have for those around me today. Lead me and guide me in my purification.

No comments:

Post a Comment