Sunday, April 12, 2020

April 11, 2020 Are you Jealous???


Reading: Numbers 25-26 and 1 Corinthians 13

Scripture: Numbers 25:11, Phinehas the son of Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, has turned back my wrath from the people of Israel, in that he was jealous with my jealousy among them, so that I did not consume the people of Israel in my jealousy.

Thoughts: Are we jealous for what God is jealous for, is our heart broken for what is breaking God’s heart? Phinehas murdered two people when they were in the act of fornicating. In America, society has gotten to a place where we applaud things that a hundred years ago, we would have been hung or shot us for. The Word of God is clear on what is sin and what we need to avoid, yet much of the world has embraced it even to the point that there are churches that are accepting of these things. We are called to love and not to judge, but the Word does say that if a brother or sister has unrepented sin, and after we and the elders have come to them and they will not repent then we are to not associate with them. We are to not persecute them, but we are to be carful because what we allow into us though our eyes and ears will come out of our mouth. Let us meditate on the Word and love all with the Love of God.

Prayer: Father you are just, and you are the anchor I am connected to. I thank you that you are always watching out for me us. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out upon us every day. I ask that you make my heart like your mold me and make me into the vessel you need me to be. Pour your healing across the world guide the doctors to what need to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment