Friday, January 8, 2016

January 7 2016 Marveled

Reading: Luke 7 and Job 3-4

Scripture: Luke 7:9, When Jesus heard these things, he marveled at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him, said, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.”

Observation: This is one of two places that Jesus marveled at something. The first place he marveled was at the lack of faith of the people of Nazareth. Here this Centurion had the faith that his servant would be healed even without Jesus going there, he recognized his authority.

Application: When I think about Jesus marveling both at the lack of faith and the abundance of faith that he saw, I start thinking about am I making him marvel with my faith or am I just another religious guy making my way in this world. We are called to do great things in faith and need help some times stepping out into the unknown or just into the uncomfortable, where I don’t want to go.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for your great love and provision, you have given us everything we need and provided the ability to share that blessing with others. Lord, I ask for the strength to step out and make you marvel help me to have the faith that is overflowing. I long to serve you more but I allow the world to weigh down on me. I need you in all thing I do. Help me to serve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment