Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 13, 2016 I dropped my fruit.

Reading: Luke 13 and Job 15-16

Scripture: Luke 13:8-9, And he answered him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and put on manure. Then if it should bear fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down.

Observation: Reading this section I almost always think about the fruit that I bear, is it what is glorifying to God and pointing to God because people look at me and see something different and not the normal. We also have a tendency to also put weight on things that don’t need it, like works and I have heard many good people who have gotten wrapped up in the idea that they don’t have fruit if they are not converting and winning souls for God. The fruit of the spirit that we are to produce are “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control”

Application: We need to focus on the right fruit and when we have these fruit we will see the fruit of salvation of those around us. When people see us with a joy and peace that is beyond understanding in the midst of a storm, that is when people will be drawn to us and ask how can you be this way. Levi Lusko does a wonderful job showing his fruit in the middle of the storm of the loss of his 5 year old daughter. I recommend his book Through theeyes of a Lion for everyone, we all will have storms and this book and sermonseries will help prepare for it or get though it.


Prayer:  Lord, I thank you that you have helped me though my times of need that I have see thus far and I know you will continue to help me through the storms to come. You are so wonderful and nothing is imposable for you. Lord, I ask you to help me to develop my fruit, as I struggle with anger and within that anger I set go of the fruit that I have. Help me to become the man you need me to be. Help me to lead as a servant and not a dictator.

No comments:

Post a Comment