Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 27 2016 Share what you have.

Reading: Acts 3, Job 41-42, and Genesis 11

Scripture: Acts 3:6-7, But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong.

Observation: I know I have thought that I can’t help them or I can’t do this or that in my walk so many times. I almost always pass by people asking for help. I struggle with stepping out and sharing what I do have in Christ Jesus. Each of us are given the gifts and blessings of God though the death of Jesus on the cross. I know that growing us I didn’t think healings and some of the other things that Jesus and the apostles did were still happening in the world today being that I had never seen them. I was the type of person like Thomas who would not believe in something until I saw it with my own eyes, so how could I do anything.

Application: I need to remember that God gave me gifts and training to DO for the glory of God. I am struggling with what some of those gifts are meant for and where I am called to serve and give back to the glory of God. I am so blessed with a wonderful family and church family. But it is far to easy to sit back and wait for something to happen then it is to step out. Especially when you don’t know the direction to step. I want to go where I can best serve God but I also feel like I don’t know how and I’m insecure about what I am doing. Do for God where you are.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for your great mercy and grace, I would be nowhere without you and I thank you for the love you pour out on us even though we don’t deserve it. Lord, help me to see my strengths and what I’m to do. I long to learn more and share what I have learned with others. Help me to see and take the opportunities that are before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment