Thursday, January 14, 2016

January 14, 2016 Humbling myself

Reading: Luke 14 and Job 17-19

Scripture: Luke 14:11, For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Observation: Humility is something I struggle with, I think most people especially men struggle with it. I am proud of my achievement of being the first and possible only grandkid in my family to get more then a high school diploma and the obstacles that I overcame to get that degree. For these first couple years after getting it I bring it up in some ways to make me feel better then others and that is me exalting myself and not being humble.

Application: Humbling myself I need to remind myself that I am just a sinful man saved by the grace of God. Humility is not saying I am a worm and not worthy of anything because that is not the case. Humility is lifting others above yourself, at my job where at times I feel like one of the most intelligent people there but I am a general laborer and before that I was a customer service representative in a call center. These jobs can be done by and sometimes are done by uneducated high school dropouts. And my job to be humble is to honor them for what they do and not try to make them feel bad for not making the choices I have made to go to college or anything else that I could hold over them that I feel I did better. The scripture says anyone who exalts himself will be humbled or made low, I have been made low I am at the bottom of the of the totem or barrel, I’m the one that all the garbage jobs come to and I have learned that if I just do it and don’t complain I’m happier at work and those I work with like you more even if you develop authority over them.


Prayer: Lord, you are so amazing you placed the stars in the sky and gave them to us to enjoy. I thank you for the blessings that you have given me and for the mind to understand and discern the messages that I need to learn each day. Lord, I ask that you help me to continue to learn to humble myself and to allow you to lift me us to the place you have for me and not strive for that I think I need to do. I ask for direction then the plans I have been thinking about and help me to seek what you have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment